Asterisks Linux Career Enabler
Course Duration: 8 Weeks
Fees: Rs.15, 000
Asterisks Softwares Pvt. Ltd is a leading server administration company in India. We provide Remote server management and Technical support for servers with operating systems such as Redhat, CentOS, Fedora, Debian, Suse, Mandrake, FreeBSD and almost all UNIX flavors. We are the back bone of most of the top level web hosting companies in the world.
The Training Program
Linux is a reliable, secure and cost-effective operating system. Linux
Administration opportunities are on the rise and will continue to be needed for many years to come. Prepare yourself for these
opportunities by developing real skills that you can perform on real servers…today
Technically the most advanced: Our bundle is an outstanding professional-level Linux class, to students who are serious about learning the Linux operating system, which are specifically designed in such a way to gain lucrative career in Linux Server Administration and related technologies.
We specialize in providing quality, affordable, and globally accessible hands-on Linux training to students with the necessary skills to successfully complete the appropriate linux certification (RHCE, RHCT) of your choice
Real World: Each student will be provided a real Linux server to work on
during the class and have the support of certified instructors. The instructors are highly qualified Level 3 server administrators, working with world’s leading web hosting and server support companies, who are very keen in providing high end skilled
• Understand the Linux file system
• Perform common file maintenance Use and customize the GNOME interface
• Issue essential Linux commands from the command line
• Perform common task using the GNOME GUI
• Open edit and save text documents using the vi editor
• File Access Permissions
• Customize X window system.
• Regular expression pattern matching and I/o redirection
• Install,upgrade,delete and query package on our system
• Network utilities for the user
• Power User utilities
Installation and System administration
• Install Redhat Linux Interactively with kickstart
• Control common system hardware; administer Linux printing sub system
• create and maintain the linux file system
• Perform user and group administration
• Integrate a workstation with an existent network.
• Configure a workstation as a client to NIS, DNS and DHCP services.
• Automate task with cron and anacron
• Backup file systems to tape and tar archieves
• manipulate software package with rpm
• configure the X window system and the GNOME d.e
• Perform performance,memory and process management
• Configure basic host security.
Networking and Server administration
• Networking services on redhat linux, server side setup, configuration and basic administration of common networking service such as DNS,NIS,Apache,smb,DHCP,Sendmail,FTP, other common services tftp,pppd,proxy
• Security Administration using Redhat Linux
• Introduction to security
• Developing a security policy
• Local Security
• Files and file system security
• Password security
• Kernel security
• Basic elements of a firewall
• Redhat Linux based security tools.
• Responding to a break in attempt
• Security sources and methods
• Overview of OSS security tools.
Training on Live server
1. Provide training in Webhosting server administration and related
2. Remote server management and monitoring
3. Server security hardening
4. Apache Re-Compilation ,Trouble shooting and Tweaking
5. Mysql installation, Administration and Tweaking
6. Mail server installation, Administration and Spam Assassin configuration and spam control.
7. Study of common webhosting control panels like cPanel, Plesk,Direct Admin, Lxamin , HyperVM, Virtuozzo
8. Virtualization techniques
9. VPS hardware node installation and administration.
10. VPS deployments, migrations, backup, load control control etc.
11. Familiarization of different helpdesks and live chat systems
12. Shell scripting
Class sizes are kept small, so seating is limited. Please email or call us
to pre-register. For more information and to register for this class,
contact us today.
Asterisks Softwares Pvt.Ltd.