Orange chicken recipe
Ingredients for Orange chicken recipe
1 large chicken breast, (Chicken Breast should be skinned and boned. )
1/2 cup rice, Cooked
1/4 teaspoon orange rind, Finely Shredded
1 dash cinnamon, Ground
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons walnut meats, Broken
2 cucumber roses (optional)
How to make Orange chicken?
1. Halve chicken breast lengthwise.
2. Place one portion, boned side up, between two pieces of clear plastic wrap.
3. Working from the center to the edges, pound lightly with a meat mallet, forming a rectangle about 1/8-inch thick.
4. Remove plastic wrap.
5. Sprinkle chicken with salt to taste.
6. Repeat with the remaining portion of chicken.
7. In a small bowl stir together cooked rice, shredded orang peel, and ground cinnamon.
8. Spoon half of the rice orange peel mixture atop one chicken breast portion, spreading it to within 1/4-inch of the edges.
9. Fold in sides, roll up jelly-roll style, starting with one end.
10. Repeat with the remaining rice-orange peel mixture and chicken portion.
11. Place chicken rolls, seam side down, in a shallow baking dish.
12. Cover with vented clear plastic wrap.
13. Micro-cook the chicken rolls, covered, on 50% power for 7 to 8 minutes or till chicken is tender, rotating dish a half-turn after 4 minutes.
14. Transfer chicken rolls to a serving platter.
15. For orange sauce, in a 1-cup measure stir together orange juice and cornstarch.
16. Micro-cook, uncovered, on 100% power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes or till mixture is thickened and bubbly, stirring every 20 seconds.
17. Stir in broken walnut meats.
18. Spoon the orange sauce atop the chicken rolls on the serving platter.
19. Garnish with cucumber roses, if desired.
This Recipe Submitted by :Ravi Sambu